The Illinois Burn Prevention Association was created to raise money for children who have experienced a significant burn injury that required hospitalization. Money is raised from an annual golf event and the generous support of sponsors.
Money raised benefits Illinois’ burn camp for children. Formerly called the Illinois Burn Camp, the one-week camp is now called “Camp I Am Me.” The camp is in honor of the children who attend where they build self-esteem while learning to deal with their injuries. To expand the event’s outreach, proceeds will also benefit Loyola University Chicago – Stritch School of Medicine, the Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors, and From Tragedy to Triumph Foundation, which awards college students who have gone through “Camp I Am Me” with scholarships, and the burn prevention advocacy group Common Voices.
The Illinois Burn Prevention Association (IBPA) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Download our 501(c)(3) tax exempt letter.
- David Fisher, Reliable Automatic Sprinkler, Chairman
- Don Smith, Chicago Backflow, Vice Chairman/Treasurer
- Maryann Visin, MPVI, Secretary
- Erik Hoffer, Northern Illinois Fire Sprinkler Advisory Board, Director
- Candace French, Northern Illinois Fire Sprinkler Advisory Board, Director
- Gregg Huennekens, United States Alliance Fire Protection, Director
- Danielle Sandfox, Fox Sprinkler Supply, Member
- Barb Jonas, Chicago Backflow, Member